EconLit: The American Economic Association�s electronic bibliography, EconLit, indexes more than thirty years of economics literature from around the world. EconLit is a comprehensive index of journal articles, books, book reviews, collective volume articles, working papers and diSBASSErtations. CD-ROM version is available in the library while the online version is also accessible in the library through login and password.

 

Index Islamicus: Index Islamicus is the international classified bibliography of publications in European languages on all aspects of Islam and the Muslim world, from archaeology to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, from Iran to Muslim minorities in the USA. Provides access to 377,000 records and covers over 3,000 periodicals. Available in the library as CD-ROM version.

 

International Political Science Abstracts (IPSA): This authoritative CD-ROM database from the International Political Science Association provides abstracts of political science articles published in scholarly journals and yearbooks worldwide. Topics include method and theory; political thinkers and ideas; political and administrative institutions; political processes (public opinion, attitudes, parties, forces, groups, and elections); international relations; and national and area studies. International Political Science Abstracts is the global standard for scholarly research in the field. Approximately 95% of the records include abstracts, with most written in English. The remaining abstracts (approx. 5%) are in French (for articles in languages other than English).

RePEc: RePEc (Research Papers in Economics) is a collaborative effort of hundreds of volunteers in 70 countries to enhance the dissemination of research in economics. The heart of the project is a decentralized database of working papers, journal articles and software components. All RePEc material is freely available. You can use RePEc through RePEc Author Service, Munich Personal RePEc Archive, IDEAS, EconPapers, NEP (New Economics Papers), EDIRC, LogEc, CitEc, Inomics, SPZ, Socionet.

 

Google Scholer: Google Scholar provides a simple way to broadly search for scholarly literature. From one place, you can search across many disciplines and sources: articles, theses, books, abstracts and court opinions, from academic publishers, professional societies, online repositories, universities and other web sites. Google Scholar helps you find relevant work across the world of scholarly research.

 

NAL AGRICOLA: AGRICOLA (AGRICultural OnLine Access) serves as the catalog and index to the collections of the National Agricultural Library, as well as a primary public source for world-wide access to agricultural information. The database covers materials in all formats and periods, including printed works from as far back as the 15th century. The records describe publications and resources encompassing all aspects of agriculture and allied disciplines, including animal and veterinary sciences, entomology, plant sciences, forestry, aquaculture and fisheries, farming and farming systems, agricultural economics, extension and education, food and human nutrition, and earth and environmental sciences.

 

CiteSeerX: CiteSeer is a scientific literature digital library and search engine that focuses primarily on the literature in computer and information science. CiteSeer aims to improve the dissemination and feedback of the scientific literature and to provide improvements in functionality, usability, availability, cost, comprehensiveness, efficiency, and timeliness in the access of scientific and scholarly knowledge. CiteSeer was developed in 1997 at the NEC Research Institute, Princeton, New Jersey, by Steve Lawrence, Lee Giles and Kurt Bollacker. It is now hosted at the Pennsylvania State University's College of Information Sciences and Technology under the direction of Professor Lee Giles.