Library multimedia section has audiovisual material; DVDs, CD-ROMs, and videos for borrowers as well as in-house facilities to watch. Multimedia section has a collection of over 3000 audio video cassettes, CDs and DVDs. The section is equipped with the following equipment.
- 2 TV with cable connection
- 2 VCRs
- CD/DVD players
- Kindle e-readers
- Wireless Head Phones
- Hi-Fi audio system
- Microfiche reader
- Microfilm reader
- Search the library portal to find the location and item number for videos, DVDs, CD-Roms, kits and cassettes.
- A list of DVDs, music CDs, CD-Roms, kits and cassettes.CDs, DVDs, Audio and Video cassettes can be generated by clicking on videos, music scores or audio cassettes in the special collection section of library portal.
- CDs and DVDs which are accompanying material with books are kept in separate shelves in main reading hall on the ground floor of the library.
- Library Lecture Server ftp: \\lecture_srv provides access to Video Lectures of LUMS Faculty as well as speakers from other institutions and research documentaries. The Library has CD Server at technology to provide around the clock campus wide excess to CD ROM data bases.
Policies for using Multimedia Section
- CDs and DVDs materials (except cassettes and some multi-media items) are for library use only.
- Kindle and DVD's will be issued for one day only.
- Faculty, students and staff may borrow AV material on a temporary basis for teaching purposes, by prior arrangement with the relevant Academic Liaison Librarians.
- You will need to use headphones (available to borrow at the Multimedia room) to use the AV equipment.
- Multimedia section is open from 8:30 am to 10:00 pm on all working days.
Note: It is illegal to copy any media format using the Library AV equipment. Anyone found copying media will be liable to Library disciplinary procedures.